Zdzislaw Beksinski


a) Over the years, Zdzislaw Beksinski has become a greater and greater influence in the fantastic arts and indeed movie concept art. Giger came to admire his art from around 1985 and there were some similarities in themes. However they never got to meet  Unfortunately he died from multiple stabbings in 2005. He was also someone that the artist Carlos Beksinski would name as an influence. It might be interesting to look for signs of his insfluence on the concept art of the movie industry including the film Prometheus.

b) See: Martin Rezard's Fifield 02 inspired by Zdzisław Beksiński's Pełzająca śmierć (Creeping Death) ?


Source Quotes
  1. Carlos Huante: The intention is not to be photo real..I am looking at trying to retain the quality of drawing rather than the photographic route.. Drawings by Stanislav Szukalski and some of the early early illustrators that were around during the pre-rafaelite period… Beksinski's drawings as well...less about real in the photographic or mimicking sense … trying to find the art is the intent with all my later stuff…editing it down to what I personally find the most interesting…Since it's not for film I can play around with all the levels…(https://www.facebook.com/ in relation to his picture The Pilot) 
  2. Tatuaz-- Czy znasz twórczość Zdzisława Beksińskiego, czy widzisz jakieś analogie w jego sztuce w stosunku do własnej twórczości i czy nie wydaje ci się dziwne, że czasem zestawia się nazwisko Beksińskiego z twoim?  (Translation: Do you know the work of Zdzislaw Beksinski , if you see any analogy in his art in relation to his own work and that does not seem strange to you that sometimes compiled Beksiński with your name ? )
    Giger--Oczywiście, że znane mi jest nazwisko Beksińskiego i znana mi jest jego sztuka. Odkryłem go stosunkowo późno, około 1985 r., po tym, jak jego paryska galeria przesłała mi jedną z jego książek. Mam teraz ich kilka. Byłem pod wrażeniem jakości jego obrazów. Oczywiście najbardziej fascynowało mnie to, że nieraz uciekał się do użycia mumii i kości.  (Translation: Of course I am aware of is the name Beksiński and known to me is his art . I discovered it quite late, around 1985 . , After his Paris gallery sent me one of his books . I now have several. I was impressed by the quality of his paintings . Of course, most fascinated me was that sometimes resorted to the use of mummies and bones.)
  3. Tatuaz- Czy znasz twórczość Zdzisława Beksińskiego, czy widzisz jakieś analo- gie w jego sztuce w stosunku do własnej twórczości i czy nie wydaje ci się dziwne, że czasem zestawia się nazwisko Beksińskiego z twoim?
    Giger- Oczywiście, że znane mi jest nazwisko Beksińskiego i znana mi jest jego sztuka. Odkryłem go stosunkowo późno, około 1985 r., po tym, jak jego paryska galeria przesłała mi jedną z jego książek. Mam teraz ich kilka. Byłem pod wrażeniem jakości jego obrazów. Oczywiście najbardziej fascynowało mnie to, że nieraz uciekał się do użycia mumii i kości. Tak, wiem, że czasami wspomina się nas razem, tzn. w tym samym kontekście i ja czuję się tym faktem zaszczycony. Mam nadzieję, że jemu też się podobała moja sztuka. Przeraziłem się wiadomością o jego morderstwie i żałuję, że nigdy nie miałem okazji go spotkać. (Tatuaz - #28 -2008)
    Tatuaz- Do you know the works of Zdzislaw Beksinski, do you see the stock have any analogue in his art in relation to his own work, and whether or not you think it odd that sometimes we compare with your name Beksinski?
    Giger - Of course it is a name known to me and known me Beksinski is his art. I discovered him relatively late, around 1985, after the steam-ska gallery sent me one of his books. I now have several. I was impressed with the quality of his paintings. Of course most fascinated me was that sometimes resorted to the use of mummies and bones.
    Yes, I know that sometimes mention of us together, ie in the same context and I feel honored by that fact. I hope that he think so too-ŁA my art. Horrified by news of his murder and regret that I never had the opportunity meet him. Yes, I know that sometimes mentions us together , ie . In the same context and I feel honored by this fact . I hope that he also liked my art . I was frightened by the news of his murder and I regret that I never had the opportunity to meet him .

No comments:

Post a Comment