Lindelof sells Prometheus


Damon Lindelof
 
 
Damon Lindelof in his interviews for Prometheus made some comments that perhaps aimed at self depreciating humour.
 
But on another side, his words served as statement that the film would be an inevitable disappointment  and there would be the opportunity for people to tell him that he screwed up a Ridley Scott movie.
 
Indeed in his words, he envisaged this statement as something that would be the thing to have on his grave stone. 
 
He may have said these things in jest but one might expect him to have more respect for his work on this multimillion dollar project that he's helping to sell to the public.
 
 

  1. Damon Lindelof: Everyone wants to know what the relationship is between the movie and Alien. And one could argue that we've set ourselves up for inevitable disappointment. But look who're you're talking to. If there's anybody known for inevitable disappointment, it's me, I'm Mr. Inevitable Disappointment. (Entertainment Weekly, May 18th, 2011, p36/ http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/05/11/damon-lindelof-prometheus-life-after-lost/)        
  2. Damon Lindelof: I would rather have people for the rest of my career say, "you screwed up a Ridley Scott movie" than not say that to me than like, hey, like I got to be involved in a Ridley Scott movie.

    Interviewer: I got to screw up a Ridley Scott movie.

    Damon Lindelof: Not only did I screw up a Ridley Scott movie, I screwed up the first Ridley Scott scifi movie in thirty years, like, um, that, if that's not going to go on your head stone than what should?  (The Verge, (5th May, 2012, 34min 20secs))

No comments:

Post a Comment